Spicy Indian Grilled Chicken
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, coarse grind
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1/2 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 3 -4 lbs chicken pieces
- Combine all marinade ingredients well.
- Coat chicken pieces in marinade paste.
- Marinate from 1 hour, or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Grill over medium coals until browned, about 15 minutes each side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great blend of flavors, and our chicken on the grill was moist (boneless breasts). I served it with mango sauce as an optional topping. I sauteed a batch on the stove top and it was not as good: the chicken "taste" overpowered with the spice blend flavor. I plan to mix the spices here, and give them in gift bottles with instructions to add the last three ingredients to make the "paste."
see 14 more reviews
Oh....my....goodness!!!! This is an awesome recipe! Made for company last night-everyone raved about the flavor and juiciness of the chicken. I used boneless chicken breast, marinated over night and did substitute sour cream for yoghurt (I was out). Mine did come out as a paste, might have been the sour cream-loved...loved it! Thank you for an amazing recipe, will be making again!