Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found a couple of different recipes for this on Indian cooking websites. I mixed them to make a more user-friendly recipe. The eggs take on a beautiful colour when mixed with everything else. Enjoy!
- 4 eggs (hard boiled, leave whole)
- 1 onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 inch piece ginger
- 1 -2 green chili
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 -3 tablespoons ghee
- 3⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- red chili powder
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup green peas (paneer) or 8 ounces panir (paneer)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- Remove the shell of boiled eggs & keep aside. If using Paneer cut into cubes and fry till golden & set aside for later use.
- Make a paste of onion, garlic, ginger and green chilies in a mixer or chopper.
- Heat oil in a kadhi or wok and add onion-garlic paste and fry till golden brown.
- Add all the spices (salt, turmeric, coriander & chili powder) except garam masala and fry for a minute and add tomato. Fry until it starts leaving oil.
- Add a cup of water and cook until it dries.
- Now add the fried paneer cubes or green peas (which ever using) and boiled eggs.
- Add 1 cup of water and bring to boil and reduce the flame.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Garnish egg curry with garam masala and cilantro leaves and serve hot with paratha, roti or rice.