Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This curry recipe can be prepared with beef, lamb or chicken for a spicy dish that's full of flavor
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, julienned
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 -6 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 -6 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Cut the chicken breasts into cubes. Sear the meat on all sides in a hot skillet. Add the ginger, onions and garlic and cook until the onions are tender. Add the cumin, tumeric, curry powder, garam marsala and cinnamon and stir to coat the chicken thoroughly. Add oil to the pan if necessary to keep the spices from sticking. Add the tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Serve over rice with unleavened bread for a delicious meal.
- For a different flavor, you may substitute beef or lamb for the chicken. Bring the final cooking time up to one hour to tenderize the meat and ensure flavor infusion.
- The curry and garam marsala will both add heat to the dish, so add with caution.
Very tasty and very easy. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of breast. Lots of flavor in this dish. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.