Authentic Indian Chicken Curry
- Ready In:
- 1 - 1 1⁄4 lb of cubed chicken tenders
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 6 cloves
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 7 roma tomatoes, diced up
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon dry coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red cayenne pepper or 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup water
- In a large pot, heat oil and cinnamon sticks, cumin seeds, cloves for 1 minute, before they began to get dark add onions.
- Sautee' onions for 1 minute on medium high heat, add chicken tender cubes. Cook that stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes.
- Add rest of the ingredients (saving a small amount of the cilantro for garnish at end).
- Stir and simmer on medium-low for 15 minutes.
- Then serve over rice. (You may add more tomato sauce, or water depending on how chunky you want the curry sauce.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love Indian food and am glad I found this recipe. I always measure everything into it's individual dishes the day before. I make the recipe exactly as stated except I use the 29 oz can of tomato sauce. All the flavors are just as flavorful with the larger amount of tomato sauce. I like mine a little more soupy. Five stars on this one!