Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I found this recipe per the request of my daughter. Original poster is Dustin Koracvich.
Make and share this Indian Candy-Smoked Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together the water, salt, sugar and syrup.
- Stir until all ingredients are dissolved.
- Add Fish and brine for 24 hours.
- Remove fish and smoke anywhere from 8 hours to 1 1/2 days, depending on your smoker.
- Use the 3/4 cup honey mixed with the 1/4 cup water for basting.
- Don't over smoke or you're going to have jerky!
- Apple and Cherry woods are great for this recipe.
- Works well with venison also.
This is one of the better recipes that I have tasted. I found that the honey water glaze is best applied when cooled.
Great recipe. For your other reviewer the word Indian is not racist. It comes from Columbus landing and thinking he was in the Indies and therefore he called the natives Indians. It was never meant to cause harm or be nasty. Her vittle term however was nasty.
I thought that this recipe was great. A little different than I have smoked fish in the past. Curry? I had never heard of to many salmon in India. It is nice to see the PC police checking this site. Hopefully they don't check out the French section.