24 hrs 5 mins
I found this recipe per the request of my daughter. Original poster is Dustin Koracvich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the water, salt, sugar and syrup.
- 2Stir until all ingredients are dissolved.
- 3Add Fish and brine for 24 hours.
- 4Remove fish and smoke anywhere from 8 hours to 1 1/2 days, depending on your smoker.
- 5Use the 3/4 cup honey mixed with the 1/4 cup water for basting.
- 6Don't over smoke or you're going to have jerky!
- 7Apple and Cherry woods are great for this recipe.
- 8Works well with venison also.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Candy-Smoked Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (3256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3263.9
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 113403.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 852.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 826.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g