Recipe by Marie
Made these for our Thanksgiving dinner and they are awesome! Very light and tasty and the dough is so easy to handle.
Top Review by gnatgnatskater
Wow the title of these buns was no joke.. they really are incredibly soft! I'd have to say these are the healthiest and tastiest dinner rolls I've ever made. I didn't make them in a bread machine so instead I dissolved the yeast in the warm water and allowed it to rise for 10min, next I mixed all the dry ingredients together, melted the margarine and added the egg, melted margarine , and yeast mixture to the dry mixture. I stirred all of the ingredients until a dough was formed and allowed the dough to rise in a glass bowl for 30min. I followed the rest of the steps from the recipe and the buns turned out amazing!!! They're also quite good with jam or peanut butter. A great dinner roll recipe especially dipped in soup!
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 egg
- 3 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in bread machine in the order according to manufacturers directions.
- Select dough cycle.
- When cycle is complete, remove dough from pan.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes on lightly floured surface.
- Grease a large cookie sheet.
- Divide dough into four parts, then cut each part into 5 pieces.
- Shape each piece into a ball and place 2" apart on cookie sheet.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes or until double in size.
- Heat oven to 375° and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush tops with melted butter.
- Serve warm or cool on wire rack.
- Notes: Do not use delay cycle on your bread machine.
- For rolls with soft sides, place rolls close together on cookie sheet and let rise.