Light and Soft Dinner Rolls (abm)
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT melted butter to bread machine in order as directed by manufacturer.
- Set for dough cycle.
- Check dough after a few minutes and if needed add a little more milk or water to make a smooth dough.
- When dough cycle is complete, remove dough, punch down and let rest for ten minutes.
- Lightly grease 13 x 9 glass baking dish.
- Divide dough into 18 pieces and place in pan.
- Dough will be sticky, so don't try to roll smooth balls.
- The rolls will smooth out when they rise and are baked.
- Let rise in warm place for 30 to 40 minutes until doubled.
- Drizzle melted butter over top of rolls and bake at 400° for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
Join The Conversation
YUM, these are great - nicely soft and light as advertised! I buttered two cake pans and put 9 rolls in each pan. I made one pan with a smaller amount of plain butter and the other with lots of garlic butter - for immediate use served hot out of the oven. The garlic ones vanished immediately (and there were only 4 of us)! Thanks, Marie.