1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A very easy version of lamb stew. From "Mr. Food."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cut crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 3 onions, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 3 carrots, scraped and cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1 parsnip, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 3 1/2 lbs boneless lamb shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1Layer half of the potato slices on the bottom of a large, heavy pot.
- 2Cover with half of the onion slices, then top with all of the carrots and parsnip.
- 3Layer the lamb pieces evenly over the vegetables and sprinkle with thyme, Worcestershire, salt and black pepper.
- 4Layer with the remaining potato and onion slices.
- 5Pour broth over all ingredients and bring to a light boil over medium-high heat.
- 6Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours, or until lamb is very tender.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Immigrant Irish Stew
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 878.5
- Calories from Fat 515
- Total Fat 57.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 190.5 mg
- Sodium 643.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 49.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: