Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I always loved the way my mom cooked her green beans and all she did was add bacon so I then I started cooking them the way she did and started adding things to it. I am sure someone else has thought of this recipe but it really is the best green beans to me. I hope you enjoy and please post to let me know what you think.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans green beans (any style)
- 1⁄2 medium white onion (chopped)
- 5 -6 slices bacon (its up to you, I love a lot of bacon in mine)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom (I get mine from a can, and you can use more or less)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Tabasco sauce (I use about 5 shacks)
- Start by browning your bacon, when almost brown, throw in the mushrooms, onions and garlic powder and cook with the bacon. (It will give the mushrooms and onions a lot of flavor).
- In another pan put your cans of green beans in there with the butter, salt and pepper and let the butter melt.
- Then pour the bacon, mushroom, onions, and the bacon grease all in the green beans. (Note you might not want to pure all the bacon grease but enough for flavoring).
- Heat for about 10 minutes on medium heat and the flavor is great.
We really enjoyed these beans. I halved the recipe and didn't add the mushrooms, salt or garlic powder. We all liked these.
Excellent. I made this using 12 oz of frozen green beans cooked as directed on the package then cooled. I added the 6 slices of pre-cooked bacon from this morning and about a tablespoon of the bacon grease. I probably had at least a cup of fresh mushrooms that I sauteed with 2 tablespoons of butter and onions. Probably used a lot more hot sauce too. Made for wonderful green beans with endless possibilities. Thanks for sharing Amie. Made for March Photo Tag Special. :)