Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A great hearty dish.
- 1 lb beef stew meat, 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb boneless pork, 1 inch cubes
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- hot cooked noodles
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef, pork and onions in oil until meat is browned; drain.
- Add water, paprika, salt, pepper, and marjoram; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Just before serving, mix together flour and sour cream until smooth; stir into meat mixture.
- Bring to a boiil over moderate heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve over noodles.
Great recipe but not goulash... this is some sort of paprikas made from beef. Gulyas is a stew folks!!!!
This is a real Hungarian goulash... I increased the paprika to 3 tablespoons, and thickened the sauce with flour in water, serving the sour cream on the side. It was really good!
This is an awesome recipe! Spicy and easy to make. Followed the recipe exactly and it came out excellent. Absolutely loved it and that includes the other 4 in my family. Thanks so much Sunflower ; )