1/5 Photos of Huckleberry ( or Blueberry) Coffee Cake
1 hr 15 mins
Cooking Light published this in their book, Five Star Recipes--The Best of 10 Years, and their staff voted this as one of their top five recipes from the first 10 years. It is very, very good, either for breakfast, brunch, or as dessert, warm out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup stick margarine, softened (I used real butter)
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese (I used neufchatel)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups huckleberries (fresh or frozen, unthawed(I used blueberries) or 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen, unthawed(I used blueberries)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Beat margarine and cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually 1 cup sugar, beating well. Add egg, and beat well.
- 2Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into margarine mixture. Stir in vanilla, then fold in berries.
- 3Pour batter into a 9-inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray (I also lined bottom with parchment).
- 4Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- 5Bake at 350F for 1 hour; cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Huckleberry ( or Blueberry) Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.1
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.9 mg
- Sodium 208.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: