1/1 Photo of Hubby's Favorite French Onion Soup
1 hr 20 mins
This is just a wonderful soup... a winter-time favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large nonstick pot melt butter over med-high heat. Stir in onions to coat with butter. Cook uncovered 10 minutes stirring often.
- 2Reduce to medium low heat and cook for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
- 3Stir in broth, water, pepper, thyme and bay leaf- bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4Remove bay leaf.
- 5Place toasted bread in the bottom of oven proof bowls, add onion soup and top with mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan. * do not use glass bowls*.
- 6Set oven to broil.
- 7Place bowls on cookie sheet.
- 8Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hubby's Favorite French Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.9
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 1236.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 19.1 g