"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
Just in case you have never cooked in your life, here is the basics! You'd be surprised how many people really don't know how to boil an egg correctly. Go ahead, be brave and boil that egg!
My Private Note
- 1Place the egg in a saucepan.
- 2Run cold water into the saucepan until the water is 1 inch above the egg.
- 3Place the saucepan on a stove and cook over medium heat until the water begins to boil.
- 4Reduce the heat to low.
- 5Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes for soft-boiled eggs or 10 to 15 minutes for hard-boiled eggs.
- 6Remove the egg with a spoon or ladle and let it cool slowly, or run cold water over it to cool it more quickly.
- 7Refrigerator Storage Chart for Eggs:.
- 8Fresh, in shell=4 to 5 weeks
- 9Raw yolks, whites=2 to 4 days
- 10Hardcooked=1 week
- 11Liquid pasteurized eggs or egg substitutes, opened=3 days
- 12Liquid pasteurized eggs or egg substitutes, unopened=10 days
- 13Mayonnaise, Refrigerate after opening=2 months.
- 14NOTE: Purchase the product before “sell-by” or expiration dates.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for How to Boil an Egg
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.5
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 70.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 6.2 g