Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from 365 One Dish Meals.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups quick-cooking brown rice
- 10 ounces frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar or 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 10 ounces corn chips
- Season chicken breasts with 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. In a 10 inch skillet, heat oil over high heat.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring often, until golden brown; about 5 minutes. Remove to a dish.
- In the same skillet, cook onion over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes, until just soft.
- Add chicken broth and rice to skillet. Heat to boiling over high heat.
- Stir and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until all liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked; 18-20 minutes.
- Stir in corn and pinto beans. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chicken, scallions, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, chili powder, vinegar and remaining salt. Serve immediately with corn chips.