Santa Fe Chicken and Pasta
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces mild chunky salsa
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 5 cups hot cooked ziti pasta (8 ounces uncooked)
- 1 1⁄3 cups French-fried onions, divided
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts
- 4 ounces cubed jalapeno jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 3 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine salsa, soup and sour cream, mix well.
- Add pasta, 2/3 cup French fried onions, chicken and cheese, stir to blend in with salsa mixture.
- Spoon into casserole dish.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Before serving, stir casserole and sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup onions.
- Bake 3 minutes or until onions are golden in color.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of three and live in central Pennsylvania. My children were very active in after school activities and found we weren't spending anytime together at meal time. In 1998, I decided to start cooking my dinners in a crockpot so that we could have a home cooked meal together once everyone came home. My children now get so excited to see what we are having to eat and love the smell when they walk in the door. My family calls me the crock pot queen. LOL I use my crock pot everyday of the year. <br> <br>My three children are now in college and before they come home they request their favorite meal. I still continue to cook in the crock pot for my husband and I. It is nice after a long day to know your meal is ready. It also helps in keeping my grocery bill down. With zaar, I can print my shopping list and that is all I purchase is the ingredients on that list. <br> <br>Now, my two daughters have been crock pot cooking while in college. They find it is easy to cook for the themselves and their friends. It is an easy way to have friends over for dinner after classes <br> <br>I still love trying new recipes and purchasing cookbooks, especially crock pot cookbooks. <br> <br>Happy Cooking!