Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A New york deli classic. Some of these sandwiches can be HUGE and are really a marvel (and easily shared).
- Simmer pastrami in broth until hot.
- Divide meat among bread, using 4 ounces for smaller sandwich, and 8 ounces for large.
- Add cheese, mustard, pickles, and onions to taste.
- Grill sandwich until toasty and crisp if desired.
- Serve warm with chips if desired.
Great sandwich! I made this on rye bread that I toasted before assembling the sandwich. The pastrami was very tender from simmering in the broth, so the meat just melted in the mouth. I drained the pastrami before putting on the bread so that the sandwich would not be soggy.
Might as well just go to a deli and order a sandwich.... as you are already buying pre-made pastrami.
I Made this today and OMG it was fantastic!!!!!!!! I'm Letting everyone know on how to make this!