Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great tasting recipe from "Woman's Day Book Of Salads." from 1963. I wasn't sure what Angostura bitters was so I substituted it with White Wine.
- Boil potatoes.
- Peel and cube.
- Dice raw bacon and fry in a large skillet until pieces are brown and crisp.
- Remove bacon bits and drain.
- Saute onion in bacon fat until soft. Stir in flour.
- Mix together vinegar, water, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Add gradually to fat flour mixture in skillet, stirring constantly over low heat.
- Add bitters and cook a few minutes until smooth and glossy.
- Add cooked potatoes and heat thoroughly.
- Add bacon and mix all together.
- Serve warm.