A great tasting recipe from "Woman's Day Book Of Salads." from 1963. I wasn't sure what Angostura bitters was so I substituted it with White Wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil potatoes.
- 2Peel and cube.
- 3Dice raw bacon and fry in a large skillet until pieces are brown and crisp.
- 4Remove bacon bits and drain.
- 5Saute onion in bacon fat until soft. Stir in flour.
- 6Mix together vinegar, water, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- 7Add gradually to fat flour mixture in skillet, stirring constantly over low heat.
- 8Add bitters and cook a few minutes until smooth and glossy.
- 9Add cooked potatoes and heat thoroughly.
- 10Add bacon and mix all together.
- 11Serve warm.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot German Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.8
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 716.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: