1/3 Photos of Hot Fudge Pudding Cake (Vegan)
1 hr 10 mins
Very rich--for me, this is for when I am really craving chocolate. This is modified from a Hershey's cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In medium mixing bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour, 3 Tbsp cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- 3Blend in the milk, vanilla, and margarine; beat until smooth.
- 4Spread batter into a square pan 8x8x2 or 9x9x2. This cake does not rise, but it bubbles, so be sure your pan height is tall enough or you will have chocolate burning all over your oven.
- 5In a separate small bowl, mix remaining 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, and remaining 4 Tbsp cocoa; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter.
- 6Pour hot water over the top; do not stir.
- 7Bake for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. (It will look kind of like a cobbler).
- 8Let stand 15 minutes; spoon into bowls, spooning sauce from bottom of pan over the top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Fudge Pudding Cake (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.4
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 266.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 44.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g