Here's a quick, easy, and delicious, piping hot crab dip, perfect for a winter gathering. The base is cream cheese, mayo and crab. We've dressed ours up with green onions, parsley, horseradish, slivered almonds and Tabasco. The proportions are guidelines, really this is to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 green onions, sliced, greens included
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 1/2 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh lump crabmeat (or a can of crab meat)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, water, onions, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and parsley until smooth. Mix in the Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, and horseradish.
- 3In a small skillet melt butter over medium heat. Once butter melts add spinach and cook just until spinach wilts, about 2 minutes. Transfer to the mixing bowl.
- 4Fold in the slivered almonds, spinach and lump crab meat. Place in an oven-proof casserole serving dish.
- 5Bake until bubbly and heated through, about 20 minutes.
- 6Remove from the oven, stir and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Turn on the broiler and cook for 3-5 minutes or until top is browned and edges are bubbly.
- 7Serve with crackers or thinly sliced baguette.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Crab Dip
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.8
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Sodium 290.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh lump crabmeat