Recipe by Aaliyah's&Aaron'sMum
A quick flash-fry.. ideal for cooking in a hurry. Serve with plain or fried rice. Please note, you may add an additional teaspoon of corn flour if you find the sauce has not thickened up.
Top Review by AmandaInOz
This made an excellent, quick lunch for four people with some steamed white rice. I used Rice Bran Oil for stir-frying and butterflied the prawns before cooking. Otherwise, I kept everything exactly as stated. The lime juice really lifts the flavour. Yum! Thanks A&A!
- 300 g prawns, shelled and de-veined (defrosted if frozen)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (or any flavourless oil)
- 5 -6 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 red chilies, chopped (de-seeded if you wish)
- 5 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour, mixed with
- 5 tablespoons water
- 150 ml boiling water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a wok over high heat, and add the oil.
- Add in the chopped garlic, ginger and chillies, and stir fry for about 30 seconds, until the chillies have darkened (but careful not to let it burn).
- Add the prawns and continue frying for about 4-5 minutes - until they turn pink.
- Stir in the tomato ketchup, soy sauce, sugar and the cornflour mixture and bring to a simmer and pour in the boiling water.
- Add in lime juice and give it all a good stir till the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with spring onion and chopped coriander and serve straightaway.