Spicy Buffalo Wings
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
48 wings, approximately
- Cut off wing tips and cut each in half at the joint.
- Toss all spices in a bowl and mix vigorously.
- Spread the mixture on the chicken wings and bake at 375°F.
- for 25 minutes on each side, or until crispy.
- Serve right from the oven with ranch or blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are in 500 Low-Carb Recipes by Dana Carpender, so I had made them before. The note in my book says "These are really good." I am sure at that time that I baked them in a half-sheet, because my other note says "line with aluminum foil" and I remember them being clumpy due to my inability to sprinkle accurately. This time I used a huge bowl to mix the spices and tossed the wings in the bowl, which resulted in much better coverage. I also baked them on a rack over the half-sheet. My kids thought that there was "more heat than flavor," and I agreed. They used ranch, I ate them plain. An interesting thing, though, was that at room temperature the flavors were much more balanced. Since these are easy and use ingredients I always have (except for running out of thyme - gotta put that on my list) I will probably make them again in a pinch, as a lunch/snack for me, or as part of a much larger spread. I also served Recipe #150380, which admittedly was a rather strange choice.