Deep-Fried Tilapia (Fish)
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1 quart cooking oil (or Crisco)
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned flour (I use Kentucky Kernel brand)
- Heat the oil in a 3- or 4-quart pan to at least 375-degrees F. (just a couple of drops of water flipped off your hand will really crackle when the oil has reached this heat level).
- Roll the DRY and THAWED fish in the flour, shake off excess flour, and let the filets sit on a rack or, on wax paper, for 5-10 minutes.
- Roll the fillets in the flour a second time, shake off excess flour, and deep fry, no more than 2 at a time. (frying more than 2 filets at once drives down the oil temperature which will make the fish and coating soggy!) Turn once in the pan after a minute or so and remove when golden brown. They should be done in under 4 minutes, white and flakey inside at the thickest section of the filet. Do not overcook!
- Drain each filet on paper towels for a few seconds and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Good afternoon. I also cooked my fish just like I was instructed, and the second half I also used some panko and it came out so delicious and crispy. Thank you for your support and time. 5 star, I can't wait another minute, The song remember....That's how I feel when I am going to eat my with your recipes.