Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3 eggs, separated
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons gelatin, powdered
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon rind, finely grated
- 6 fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- 6 fresh cherries, to garnish
- Whisk together the egg yolk, sugar and lemon rind until thick.
- Add 3 tbsps.
- lemon juice.
- Place over a pan of simmering water until thick- like mousse.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk occasionally until cold.
- Soak the gelatin in the remaining lemon juice in a bowl.
- Place the bowl over a pan of hot water.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Whip the cream until softly stiff.
- Whisk the egg white until stiff.
- Fold half the cream into the mousse with the gelatin, honey and whisked egg white.
- Transfer to a glass bowl.
- Decorate with the remaining whipped cream, cherries and mint leaves.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.