Recipe by Tendoy5
Straight from the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que and Biker Bar in Syracuse, NY. Not like any cornbread I have ever had - this is so sweet. I usually use a lot more honey than the recipe calls for but, you decide
- 295.73 ml yellow cornmeal
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 29.58 ml honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven at 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan with shortening. Pop the pan in the oven to heat while you're mixing up the cornbread.
- Mix the cornmeal, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and give them a good stir, just until everything is moistened.
- Pull the hot greased pan from the oven and pour in the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Take the cornbread out of the oven and brush the top with honey.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before cutting into squares.