Recipe by SimplyLiv
This chicken is good and garlicky with a hint of sweetness. The honey coating becomes rich, sticky, and crispy in the oven, but if you want to go healthier, remove the skins. This works well in the winter served hot, or make ahead and serve cold at a picnic. It's delicious right away or for more flavor allow it to marinate over night.
Top Review by seal angel
This was easy to make! I had 9 chicken legs. Cooked for an hour and 15 min to get both sides carmalized. I added more garlic and some red pepper, to get the sweet and spicy thing going. I am not usually very kin on baked chicken but this was good. Nice and moist! My husband said, "That looks good!" as I was pulling it out of the oven. Had a vegetable medley on the side.
- 12 chicken legs (or thighs)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or 4 cloves minced fresh)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Combine ingredients in large bowl (or zipper bag if you're going to marinate).
- Add chicken to marinade and thoroughly coat.
- When ready to bake, place pieces skin side down in baking pan and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, turn pieces skin side up, baste with juices, and bake for another 30 minutes, basting once.