Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My teenage son discovered this recipe somewhere and it has become a family favorite to use for dipping or spreading on grilled beef or chicken or to use in any recipe calling for honey barbecue sauce. We think it's the best!
- 1 1⁄4 cups ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir well and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.