Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
The confit can be made a day ahead and refrigerated.
Make and share this Honey/balsamic Glazed Stuffed Duck Breast With Cherry Confit recipe from Food.com.
- 354.88 ml dried tart cherries, unsweetened
- 118.29 ml white wine vinegar
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 473.18 ml shallots, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml onion, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 4 duck breasts
- 118.29 ml butter
- 29.58 ml onions, chopped
- 78.07 ml celery, chopped
- 473.18 ml long grain brown rice, not instant
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml fresh sage, minced
- 2.46 ml fresh marjoram, minced
- 2.46 ml fresh thyme, minced
- 2.46 ml fresh tarragon, minced
- 118.29 ml almonds, toasted and chopped
- 473.18 ml stock (I used duck but chicken would do)
- 118.29 ml balsamic vinegar
- 236.59 ml honey
- Preparing the confit:.
- Soak cherries in vinegars for 30 minutes.
- In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Saute shallots and onions for 10 minutes until soft.
- Sprinkle with sugar, cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cherries and vinegar mixture to skillet and cook 20-25 minutes until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Remove from heat.
- Preparing the stuffing:.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter and saute onions and celery until celery is soft.
- Add rice and saute until lightly browned.
- Add herbs and nuts and stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover tightly.
- Simmer until rice is tender (40-50 minutes).
- Using a meat mallet or heavy rolling pin, beat the duck breasts between layers of wax paper until flat.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place breasts skin down on two pieces of cotton string and spread 1/4 of the rice stuffing on the meat.
- Roll up tightly as possible and tie securely with string.
- Bake at 375 degrees until rolls reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees.
- Preparing glaze:.
- Combine balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Use a basting brush to coat the breast rolls and bake 5 minutes.
- To serve, let rolls rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove string, slice and top with confit.