Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
With just a slight difference, this recipe comes from Taste of Home Best Ever Chicken Cookbook 2009!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, large
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, then grease or line with foil a 9-in square baking pan.
- Bake chicken, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine butter, honey, salt & mustard, mixing well.
- Cook & stir over low heat until well blended & heated through, then pour over chicken.
- Bake chicken, uncovered, 30-35 minutes longer or until a meat themometer reached 170 degrees F.
- Baste chicken one final time before serving!
We really enjoyed this. It sure was easy to prepare. The meat was a tab bit on the dry side so I served it with some of the delicious juice. Yum! Thanks for posting. :)
I like that you basically don't have to do much for this dish and it comes out so moist and tastey!! I used a prepared honey mustard rather than yellow or dijon; next time I will drain the juices from the chicken before adding the honey mixture. Made for Everyday Holiday.
I made this HONEY BAKED CHICKEN to suprise my mom after work and she loved it!!!!!!