Honey Baked Chicken
photo by ColoradoCooking
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup honey (I use raw honey, taste better)
- 1⁄4 cup mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and a little fresh ground pepper for taste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken breast in a baking pan.
- Melt butter, honey, mustard, salt and curry powder in pan and pour the mixture over the chicken. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/4 hours (75 minutes), turning every 15 minutes, until the chicken is nicely browned and tender and the juices run clear.
Just finished eating twenty minutes ago. This is a fantastic recipe. The sauce is delicious. I used only 2 skinless boneless chicken breast but kept the proportions for the sauce and did what others did, drizzle the rest on Basmati rice. Also, only cooked the breasts for 40 minutes. Perfection. This one's a keeper.
Amazing! DH wanted to renege on plan to give 3rd breast to DD; as it evolved, she will get half a breast if DD doesn't steal the leftovers. We had 3 Perdue boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb), which filled our 2-quart Corning casserole nicely. This was similar to how I cook fish: there is so much liquid that the chicken poached to perfection in the ample sauce, bubbling at the end. The sauce ends up thin, so a dieter doesn't need to ingest a lot, but the gluttons will love it over rice and steamed veggies. The chicken was oh-so-tender. BTW, DH normally does not like honey mustard, yet he could not get enough of this! Served with rice made with chicken broth and steamed broccoli. DH wants me to make this once a week, so it goes directly to our A1 recipe cookbook. Made for Spring 2013 Pick-A-Chef.
see 1 more reviews