Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This can be served as breakfast or supper.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans hominy
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces chorizo sausage or 8 ounces pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine the hominy, eggs, chorizo, cheese, onion and chilies if desired.
- Pour into the prepared dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
YUM! I made this for dinner last night and really enjoyed it. My BF thought it would have been better with one can of hominy instead of two. I didnt mind the hominy but would probably use a little less chorizo. Either way, the taste was still awesome. Thanks for sharing:)
Really good with authentic taste. Super easy and fast!
I was tired of the normal "eggs over easy, sausage or bacon, and toast" breakfast. So I whipped this up. WOW! I used high quality Chorizo from a sausage market we go to it was delicious. I think next time I would add about 2 tablespoons of fresh diced jalapenos. Thank you SO much! The two of us ate almost all of it.