Corn, Hominy, and Black Bean Taco Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A nice, hearty soup, perfect for a cold day. Feel free to sprinkle the top of the bowl with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream. It's also good with crushed tortilla chips mixed in.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 cups frozen sliced carrots (or 2 -3 fresh carrots, sliced)
- 2 (1 ounce) packets taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can hominy
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- Tony Chachere's salt-free cajun spice
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large soup pot and saute onion for a couple of minutes.
- Add beef and brown.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, seasoning and carrots. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add corn, hominy, and beans and simmer for 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION