Mexican Chorizo Breakfast Bake (With Make-Ahead Directions)
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 lb bulk chorizo sausage
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (8 oz)
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- sliced fresh avocado, chopped fresh tomato, salsa, hot sauce, lime wedges, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F. In 10-inch cast-iron skillet, cook chorizo, onion and garlic over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until chorizo is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the black beans; stir remaining black beans into chorizo mixture in skillet along with 1 cup of the cheese.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and eggs until blended. Pour over mixture in skillet. Top with reserved black beans and remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Top with chopped cilantro. Serve with remaining ingredients.
- 5Make-Ahead Directions: Make as directed through step 3. Cover and refrigerate up to 12 hours. Uncover, and bake as directed in step 4.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"