a simple, breakfast, or brunch meal, good for the bridge club, or church breakfast.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground hot sausage, cooked, and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Place cooked and crumbled sausage in a Pam sprayed 9x13 inch baking dish, then sprinkle onion flakes and cheese on top of sausage.
- In a mixing bowl, combine biscuit mix, salt, pepper, and eggs, and beat well with fork.
- Add milk, and stir fairly smooth and pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Cooked as said and not brown enough so cooked for 5 more min. When tried to serve it, eggs were really wet. Covered with foil and cooked 5 more min. Let set awhile and served edge pieces which were still pretty wet and didn't stay together very well, leaving most of meat in pan. Put middle of casserole back in to cook for 10 more min. Will try again but with half the milk. So glad I wasn't planning this for a carry in as it would have ruined it. As it was, dinner was really late tonight!Reply
I made 2 batches of this for coffee hour at church and they evaporated. People love them. Half way between a crustless quiche and a biscuit. VERY moist! I used plain sausage instead of hot as there are many people who can't eat hot at church. I also used Recipe #452092 as I do not keep Bisquick in the house. This is cheaper and always fresh.Reply
see 13 more