Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake
An egg-based breakfast or brunch casserole. You can assemble this up to 1 day in advance before baking. Nice to assemble at night and pop in the oven in the morning.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 10 slices toasted bread, lightly buttered and cubed, divided
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked cubed ham
- 6 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 13" x 9" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle half of the cubed toast on bottom of prepared dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together cheese and ham cubes. Sprinkle half of the chhese/ham mixture over toast cubes.
- Repeat another layer of remaining toast cubes and remaining cheese/ham mixture.
- In a medium bowl, beat the 6 eggs. Add milk, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, curry powder, salt, pepper, paprika and parsley and beat together well.
- Evenly pour egg mixture over layered casserole mixture. Do not stir.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until set.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
YUM! I made this for Thanksgiving breakfast and everyone loved it. picky picky DD had THIRDS. Of course, ham, cheese, bread, eggs, what's not to love here? I especially love (like another of the reviewers) that it has some seasonings in it - although they are very subtle in the final dish, it definitely adds a little something.