Recipe by KayKayPuff
This is a variation of a recipe I found on here. So yummy. True Comfort food. I have also made this using homemade noodles and it turns out fantastic. Also, if you have left overs, refrigerate them and the next day the broth thickens to a sort of gravy making it even better imo.
- 96 ounces chicken broth
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (16 ounce) bagsfrozen noodles (I use Reames from the freezer section if I don't make my own)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (use less if you want)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon all purpose seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt (aka Season All)
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 whole chicken breasts, bone and skin removed, cooked and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- To cook the chicken breast, wrap each breast tightly in foil and bake on cookie sheet until no longer pink. No water or seasonings needed, the foil keeps the chicken's natural juices "trapped" so it cooks moist and tender. Chop into pieces of whatever size you desire.
- In large stockpot, add broth and start cooking on high heat. Chop veggies to whatever size of pieces you desire. I keep mine on the larger size. Add to broth.
- Add all seasonings to broth, including bay leaf, cover and bring to a rolling boil.
- When boiling, add noodles and chicken to broth, lower heat to med and bring back to a boil, uncovered.
- Boil for approx 25 min or until noodles are al dente.
- Lower heat to get a good simmer. Simmer 15-20 min uncovered. Give a good stir, remove bay leaf and serve.
- Optional Additions:.
- 1/4 tsp celery seed.
- omit onion powder and instead add 1/4c chopped onion.
- Note: If you don't have fresh parsley you can use 1T dried parsley instead.
- Prep time is an estimate and does not include cooking time for the chicken breasts.