- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice from pineapple.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, can of tomatoes, onion, soy sauce, ginger and pineapple; simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice; stir till smooth.
- Add to the cooked pineapple mixture when mixture is done cooking.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes or till slightly thickened,Remove from heat and cool.
- Refrigerate till cold.