Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is inspired by a number of different recipes I have tweaked according to my tastes. I love it every way you can imagine, on ice, in milkshakes, and even recently made in to my EXTREMELY homemade Baileys Irish Cream Ice Cream. Delicious
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 2⁄3 cups whiskey (I use Jameson)
- 1⁄4 cup Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Add ingredients in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste (!) I usually adjust the flavor at this point, adding either more half and half, more chocolate or leaving it as is.
I made this as St. Patty's Day gifts for my friends, with an Irish Blessing attached. It looked beautiful and tastes great....very much like the original! I used half and half instead of whole cream, dark chocolate, and used only 1 cup of whiskey....delish!
I have been looking for this one for a long time. This is the one. If you are not sure on the amount of Whiskey, I purchased a 375ml Bottle (a Mickey) and that was more than enough. Used Vanilla extract and instant coffee. Tastes great. For gift giving, pour into clean empty clear beer bottles, cap/cork, Shrink wrap top with wine bottle wraps and label yourself. Try adding Tia Maria and Tequila Rose & make a trio! Cheers!
Made this for the holidays & it was a huge hit!!!! Did cut down the amount of whiskey, felt it was a little strong for our taste.