1/2 Photos of Home-Canned Marinated Mushrooms
Great on salads, sandwiches, appetizer trays. Use your favorite vinegar as long as it's 5% acidity. For darker colored product use half and half of 5% Balsamic and red wine vinegers. NOTE: Instead of throwing out the stem trims, use them in this chowder recipe: Chopped Mushroom Stems and Scallop Chowder.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sterilize 6 half-pints jars. Note: Use half-pint jars ONLY.
- 2Thoroughly wash soil off mushrooms.
- 3Cut off stems within 1/4 inch of cap.
- 4In a deep pot, place mushrooms with enough water to cover.
- 5Add the lemon juice. Bring to boil and simmer 5-minutes. Drain.
- 6While 'shrooms are simmering, place a garlic clove and 5 peppercorns in each jar.
- 7To a saucepan, add oil, vinegar, herbs, salt, sugar, onions. Bring to boil.
- 8Gently add the mushrooms and combine with the pickling marinade.
- 9Fill jars with hot mushroom mixture leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- 10Release bubbles. Wipe jar rims. Adjust caps.
- 11Process half-pints for 20 minutes in boiling water bath.
- 12Yield 6 half-pints.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Home-Canned Marinated Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (2117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.3
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 596.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 7.4 g