- 2⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine or 3 tablespoons sake
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skinned and trimmed (about 2 pounds)
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned and trimmed (about 2 pounds)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare barbecue sauce, combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Place 3/4 cup sauce in a large bowl; cover and chill remaining barbecue sauce.
- Add chicken to barbecue sauce in large bowl; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Remove chicken from bowl; reserve marinade. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Turn chicken; baste with reserved marinade. Bake an additional 20 minutes or until done. Discard marinade.
- Bring remaining 3/4 cup barbecue sauce to a boil in a small saucepan; reduce heat, and cook until slightly thick and reduced to about 1/2 cup (about 5 minutes). Drizzle chicken with sauce.