Crock Pot Hoisin Chicken
This chicken is very good! To cut down the cooking time and add more flavor to the chicken, you might want to season the chicken with salt and pepper and then brown in a skillet for about 6-8 minutes per side before cooking in the crock pot. All ingredients can be adjusted to taste or doubled.
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 5mins
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup plum sauce or 1/4 cup plum chutney
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 piece fresh gingerroot, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic, good to add (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl (except the chicken pieces).
- Add the chicken to the mixture; coat well.
- Put all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook for 5-6 hours, or until chicken is tender.
- Serve with rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This is a wonderfully Asian inspired crock pot dish! I made as directed, although I guessed at a high or low setting on the crockpot; I ended up starting out at high, then turning it down to low after about 3 hours. This would be nicer garnished with toasted sesame seeds! Thanks, Kittencal! Made for <b>Potluck Tag</b>.
The chicken itself was great. It was very tender. The sauce started to burn before the chicken was done. My crockpot tends to cook things very fast, so I cooked it for 2-3 hours on low. The sauce seemed a little bitter. We ate it, but we weren't crazy about the bitterness. I also added a little pineapple juice to cut out the bitterness and it helped.