Recipe by dk683
This is something that I made when I had a bunch of ingredients left over from a curry dish I cooked the night before. It is certainly a hearty dish, best served as a main meal.
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna packed in oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green beans
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, peeled, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot, saute the tomatoes, onion and garlic in the hot oil with salt and pepper until the onion softens and the tomatoes begin to pop open, about 5 minutes.
- Put the vegetables in the pot. Once all the vegetables have softened and sauteed, about 5 minutes, add more salt and pepper to taste and the thyme and cayenne pepper. Drain the tuna and add it to the pot as well.
- Stir the pot and add the water. Once the water has come to a boil, add the the rice. Lower the heat to a simmer, cover the pot and cook until all the water has been absorbed, about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm as is or with parsley and/or a dollop of sour cream.