Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A little different from your usual potato salad. There is no mayo in this one! If you don't want to use as many peas, it can easily be halved.
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, snipped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 lbs small red potatoes
- 4 cups fresh peas or 4 cups frozen peas
- 8 ounces sliced bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients together until well blended. Set aside.
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for about 12 minutes. Drain, let cool to touch, and cut into quarters.
- Cook fresh peas in salted boiling water for 6 minutes, frozen peas for 3 minutes. Drain under cold water and let cool.
- In a large bowl, toss still-warm potatoes with about half of dressing and let cool. Combine with peas and bacon and add remaining dressing. Taste and adjust seasoning.
I made half the recipe using a red onion in place of the shallot. Loved the tarragon flavor in this! I did use lemon tarragon vinegar. Lemon-Tarragon Vinegar I did use bacon bits just didn't have the time for bacon. And didn't miss the the bacon. So yummy refreshing to have a potato salad with no mayo. Thanks!