Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Salad With Bacon Dressing
We live in Lancaster County PA. This recipe was handed down from my mother. It was always a favorite. Very similar to German Potato Salad.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 8 potatoes
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar diluted with 1/2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- Boil potatoes in jackets until soft.
- Let potatoes cool and then peel and dice.
- Add celery, onion, and sliced hard boiled eggs.
For the dressing:
- Fry bacon in skillet until crisp and brown.
- Beat the eggs well and add sugar, spices, water/vinegar mixture. Mix well.
- Reduce skillet heat to a simmer and add egg mixture to the bacon and fat.
- Stir constantly until dressing thickens. Approximately 10 minutes.
- Pour dressing over potato mixture and mix lightly to incorporate into potato salad.
- Serve warm or cool in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION