Quick Four Cheese Pasta With Bacon and Peas
photo by AZPARZYCH
- Ready In:
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Cook bacon, onion and garlic in a large nonstick skilled over medium-high heat until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, cream, pasta, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Off heat, stir in Parmaigiano-Reggiano cheese, 1/2 cup of the shredded Italian four-cheese blend and peas and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe is great. I changed out greek yogurt for the whole cream--but mixed it with cheese at the end before throwing in the oven. I also used a whole pound of whole wheat pasta and 4 cups of stock (who wants to leave 1/4 of a bag of pasta or stock lying around). The yogurt made it so yummy and tangy (and a bit lighter too). Will definitely make it again!
EXCELLENT. I made this last night, and not ONLY did it only take 20 minutes to make, but I had clean plates all around. The only thing I'd change next time was to put the garlic in after the bacon is done to your liking...it wasn't quite crisp enough for me, yet the garlic was almost burning. VERY GOOD.