Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A great Sunday dinner for your family.
- 1 boneless beef roast (3 lbs)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) cans beef broth
- 6 carrots, cut in thirds
- 6 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large onion, coarsley chopped
- In dutch oven, brown roast in oil.
- Mix the seasonings and sprinkle over meat.
- Add broth; bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 2 hours.
- Add carrots, potatoes and onions.
- Cover and bake 1 hour longer.
- Thicken pan juices if you want a gravy.
I wanted an "old-fashioned" pot roast from the oven, so I could heat the house up a little, and make it smell wonderful. Not only did this fit that bill it tastes great too. Thanx Inez the whole family, even daughter #1 who is a chef said, "Mom ooooow this is the best supper!"
This was a lovely dinner! I fixed it for my family, and there were no leftovers! Thanks!