Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I have tried many different roast recipes and this one is by far the best I have found. Don't be afraid of the amount of herbs--this is to die for.
- 2 -3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 9 small red potatoes, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby carrots
- 8 ounces fresh green beans
- 1 onion, cut in wedges
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Place roast with all the vegetables in an ungreased 9x13-inch or larger baking pan.
- Sprinkle all the spices over the meat. This may seem really thick but its wonderful.
- Pour the water over the vegetables.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Serve with the pan juices.
Great recipe! The spices were perfect. I didn't have any beans, but I threw in potatoes, carrots, onion and cabbage, then made gravy with the juices. Thanks for posting this recipe.
Delicious and super easy! Was in a huge rush and had this prepped and in the oven in 15 minutes, which included trimming visible fat off the roast. Used russet potatoes cut in fourths and threw in a few handfuls of whole frozen organic green beans. A complete meal that couldn't be easier and that was ready by the time we got home from kids' activities. I'll definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Quick, easy, simple, and always a sure-fire hit