Recipe by kzbhansen
I have tried many different roast recipes and this one is by far the best I have found. Don't be afraid of the amount of herbs--this is to die for.
Top Review by Euphegenia
Great recipe! The spices were perfect. I didn't have any beans, but I threw in potatoes, carrots, onion and cabbage, then made gravy with the juices. Thanks for posting this recipe.
- 2 -3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 9 small red potatoes, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby carrots
- 8 ounces fresh green beans
- 1 onion, cut in wedges
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Place roast with all the vegetables in an ungreased 9x13-inch or larger baking pan.
- Sprinkle all the spices over the meat. This may seem really thick but its wonderful.
- Pour the water over the vegetables.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Serve with the pan juices.