Lemon Herb Pot Roast
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
- 1 (3 lb) boneless beef rib roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 lb small red potato, halved
- 1 medium onion, cut in wedges
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Combine seasoning ingredients; press onto roast.
- Heat oil in dutch oven; brown roast on all sides.
- Pour off fat.
- Add water;bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Add vegetables, continue cooking, covered, for 40 minutes.
- Remove roast and vegetables to serving platter.
- Mix cornstarch, water, and basil.
- Stir into cooking liquid.
- Cook and stir 1 minute, until bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
After DH and I moved away from the farm, and to the city...I haven't done as much cooking and very little canning. But I do come to Zaar and look for new recipes once in a while. I'm still cooking Zaar!! I like to play at Facebook, with my family and friends. A lot of my Zaar friends are there!! Yay! It's a good way to keep in touch. We travel more. We're looking at the European trips now. Hope to go in the springtime. I really want to see London, I think I lived there in a past life, I've been obsessed with it since I was 10 years old!!