Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Absolutely spectacular rack of lamb from the food addicts. This dish is a great date night recipe. I served it over some risotto, and it was mouth watering...
- 1 1⁄2 lbs racks of lamb
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 3 sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup port wine
- 1 cup veal broth
- 1. To prepare the rub, chop the thyme, rosemary, sage leaves, oregano, parsley, and garlic cloves and put in a mortar and pestle. Add dijon mustard and olive oil and mash until paste-like.
- 2. Sprinkle the rack of lamb with salt and pepper. Then rub all over with the herb paste. Cover and let marinate in refrigerator overnight, up to a day.
- 3. Pre-heat oven to 400-degrees.
- 4. In a hot pan, add olive oil and sear both sides of the rack of lamb for 10 minutes, or until golden.
- 5. Put the pan with the rack of lamb inside the oven for 15 minutes for medium-rare meat. (Leave in longer for medium).
- 6. Reduce port wine and veal broth for about 20 minutes, until thicker consistency.
- 7. Let the rack of lamb rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Add port reduction sauce on top and serve.
DH and I made this lovely rack of lamb recipe for dinner last night. The sauce was perfect and did not overpower the lamb, which sometimes happens in lamb recipes with sauce. This was a great balance and the tender lamb flavor really came through. This takes a bit of prep as you have to let the lamb sit overnight (which we did). However, the results are worth the wait. We made no modifications to the recipe. Thanks for posting!