Moroccan Rack of Lamb
- Ready In:
- 3 racks of lamb
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- About an hour before roasting, remove lamb from refrigerator.
- Trim excess fat.
- Stir oil with seasonings and garlic.
- Spoon a third on fat side of each lamb rack. Evenly spread over fat and meaty ends and lightly over bone side.
- Place each rack as it is coated on a large baking sheet with shallow sides.
- Depending on pan size, bone ends may lay on pan edges.
- For even cooking, leave coated lamb at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Or lamb can be refrigerated, lightly covered, up to 1 day.
- Bring to room temperature before roasting.
- When ready to roast, preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Then roast, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes for rare to medium-rare lamb. Internal temperature should be 140F (60C) to 150F (65C).
- Remove lamb to a cutting board. Cover with a tent of foil for 5 minutes before slicing into chops.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation