Outback Steakhouse Rack of Lamb Cabernet Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A copycat recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄3 cups cabernet sauvignon wine
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 6 cups au jus sauce (The drippings from roasting beef or lamb)
- 2 tablespoons lamb seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- In a bowl mix 1/3 cup of wine with flour, set aside. Put remaining wine, broth, parsley, lamb seasoning and garlic powder in saucepan . Bring to a GENTLE boil, then turn heat down and reduce about 4-5 minutes. Stir in flour mixture.
- While you are reducing liquid, brown butter in another pan (DON'T JUST MELT BUTTER BROWN IT, DO NOT BURN ). WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED REDUCING, ADD BUTTER AND MIX WELL. By this time your sauce should have a semi-thick look to it.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I came back to the site and it doesn't show the ingredients for the lamb seasoning. as far as the Cabernet sauce mine turned out fantastic the only difficulty was measuring out the Dijon mustard I think I got a little too much but I'll just back off and next time I make some. The key is reducing.Reply